Here’s why you should fit four winter tyres
With the arrival of winter, drivers are often asking if two winter tyres are enough or whether they should fit four winter tyres to their vehicle for more safety. Here’s the answer in video…
On the same topic
Is it possible to only fit two winter tyres at the front? Athough many drivers adopt this type of fitment, it is not without danger. By only fitting 2 winter tyres at the front of your vehicle, you run the risk of causing irregular handling characteristics: Sudden loss of grip, lack of precision, poor grip…
We will show you a video of the consequences of fitting a mix of summer and winter tyres through a test conducted on the Val d'Isere track: On board of a Megane 3 fitted with Michelin Alpin 4 winter tyres on the front and Michelin Primacy 3 summer tyres on the rear. In these conditions, the car is uncontrollable in snow.
Articles in the same header
- Rezulteo’s test: Are Pirelli’s winter tyres compatible with high performance vehicles?
- Winter tyre : can one drive with in Summer
- Summer tyres versus winter tyres: comparing acceleration on the snow
- Dunlop Winter Sport 5, a new winter sports tyre
- The top best all season tyres for 2015 / 2016
- A tyre that changes colour when it’s time to switch to winter tyres
- The top best winter tyres for 2015/2016
- Top 8 best winter tyres for 2014/2015
- 10 things to know about winter tyres
- Nokian invents a winter tyre with retractable studs