Bridgestone focus on winter tyres
Bridgestone has recently invested in testing facilities in Sweden. The sign that winter tyres are at the heart of the tyre manufacturer’s European strategy. We visited the Swedish Proving Ground located just outside the Arctic Circle and tested a promising prototype.
On the same topic
For major tyre manufacturers, the European winter tyre market has become strategic. Boosted by the combined effect of legislation changes (winter tyres will be mandatory in 11 European countries by the end of 2012) and increased safety awareness among drivers, the market has grown by 50% over the last three years. In 2011, the winter tyre represented a third of total tyre sales, i.e. 100 million tyres.
- Guided visit of the Swedish Proving Ground : Get the winter jackets out!
Snow handling circuits, an ice handling circuit, high precision measuring instruments and extremely cold temperatures: The Vidsel testing facilities offer the best possible conditions to test winter tyres.
- Bridgestone prototype test: Promising performances
Lateral grip, traction, braking: In all tests, the prototype presented by Bridgestone was better than the Blizzak LM30, one of its winter tyre range flagships. An enlightening demonstration of Bridgestone’s expertise
- Bridgestone winter tyres: The best of the Blizzak range
Bridgestone offers a full range of tyres, from the city car to the high performance saloon, not forgetting the SUV and the 4x4. Blizzak LM30, LM32, LM80 and the LM25 4x4: Four of the brand’s flagship winter tyres.
Articles in the same header
- It’s time to put your winter tyres away
- Why two winter tyres are not enough?
- Summer tyres versus winter tyres: Michelin's snow test
- Winter tyres for 4x4's and SUV's
- Winter tyres for sports cars
- Cooper Weather-Master WSC: Studdable winter tyre for SUV’s
- Winter tyres mandatory in Luxembourg
- It's time to switch to winter tyres!
- Don’t wait until the last minute to buy your winter tyres!
- Can I use winter tyres in summer?