Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
Yokohama chose the Geneva International Motor Show to present two new winter tyres: the BluEarth＊Winter V905 and the IceGuard IG65.
On the same topic
BluEarth Winter V905: an eco-friendly winter tyre with superior performance
Yokohama chose the Geneva International Motor Show to launch the first winter tyre in its eco-friendly BluEarth range: the BluEarth Winter V905. Made from a polymer compound mixed with silica and orange oil, this tyre has been developed to meet increasingly stringent European environmental regulations. As well as improving vehicle fuel efficiency, this tyre is based on advanced technology used for the W.drive V905, a tyre recognised by the General German Automobile Club (ADAC) for its winter performance.
The combination of the W.drive and BluEarth technology gives the new tyre superior stability and performance, and not only on ice and snow. The tyre also performs in wet and dry conditions, while promising fuel efficiency over the long term.
The tyre will be available this autumn in a large number of sizes,119 to be exact, for 15-inch to 22-inch rim diameters.
Copyright © : Yokohama 2017
A new studded tyre
At Geneva, Yokohama also presented the IceGuard IG65, which according to the manufacturer contains all of the latest state of the art technology for studded tyres. A direct descendant of the IG55, this new studded tyre has been developed for drivers who regularly have to deal with icy conditions. With a larger number of studs, more evenly arranged at the centre of the tread, this tyre promises better performance in extreme weather conditions.
The IceGuard IG65 will be available in Russia and northern Europe. Planned for release this autumn, it will come in 29 sizes, for 16-inch to 18-inch rim diameters.
Articles in the same header
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2