Yokohama launches the BluEarth A AE50: a low rolling resistance tyre
Japanese tyre manufacturer Yokohama is replacing its low rolling resistance range of tyres with the BluEarth A AE50, designed to offer the best possible performance on wet roads and in terms of rolling resistance.
On the same topic
Efficient in rain and at the pump
At Yokohama, low rolling resistance tyres for compact cars with a “conventional” engine pass through the BluEarth-A range that takes its place alongside more specific ranges designed for generous sized sports cars or SUVs. Its recipe is common in the tyre world and quite similar to the one proposed by most competitors: an optimised tread to reduce fuel consumption and deliver good performance on wet roads, two extremely important criteria even if only to obtain a good rating for the mandatory tyre labelling. The BluEarth-A AE50 relies on its Nano Blend compound and asymmetric tread design to improve its dynamic handling, optimise its braking ability on wet roads and above all, reduce the vehicle’s fuel consumption thanks to a low rolling resistance. Noise levels have also been reduced.
14 sizes in 2014
For the new BluEarth-A AE50, Yokohama has announced the list of available sizes, which will count fourteen different sizes as from 2014. The range will cover 16 inch (195/65R15) up to 18 inch (235/40R18) rims, and on the whole, obtains a rather good rating (C for rolling resistance, A for wet grip, 71 or 72 decibels for external noise). Note that additional sizes will be available at a later date.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing