Yokohama concentrates on oranges
For the past twenty years, Yokohama has been squeezing innovation out of oranges
The Japanese company has developed a new green tyre that is made using orange peel oil. The tyre’s manufacturing process requires 80% less petroleum than traditionally manufactured tyres. Initial tests have proved that the tyre’s wear resistance and braking performance is similar to traditionally produced tyres. Ideal for the eco-friendly driver, the tyres will be developed for fuel efficient city cars such as the Toyota Prius, Mini Cooper and Honda Civic Hybrid.
Yokohama tires - rubber demonstration :
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing