Vredestein Quatrac Lite, a tyre for temperate climates
This new star tyre in the Quatrac range is aimed at city cars and compact saloons, for consumers wishing to use only one type of tyre for the whole year.
The Quatrac Lite has been developed for countries or regions with a mild winter, where it does not snow abundantly. It offers a compromise with a good level of performance over the whole range of usage in these conditions.
In these regions where the temperatures vary only moderately, a summer tyre cannot offer a sufficient level of performance. Especially when the temperature falls under 7°C, or when there are light snowfalls. The difficulty is therefore to offer an even tyre with suitable performances in all the conditions that the tyre may potentially encounter. The Quatrac Lite claims to meet these specifications. One should however remain objective about the fact that an all-season tyre will never be as effective as a winter tyre under 7°c, and as a summer tyre the rest of the year.
The Quatrac Lite also claims excellent energy efficiency, with low rolling resistance giving this tyre a true ecological dimension symbolised by the presence of the grass on its sidewall.
Articles in the same header
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo