Vredestein launches the Wintrac Xtreme S: its new ultra high performance winter tyre
Vredestein are actively preparing for winter. Cold weather sports enthusiasts will be able to count on Vredestein’s new high performance winter tyre, the Wintrac Xtreme S.
Better than the Wintrac Xtreme
Copyright © : Vredestein
Dutch tyre manufacturer Vredestein is already preparing its winter sports equipment. The tyre manufacturer has just presented the Wintrac Xtreme S, which logically replaces the Wintrac Xtreme itself. The new tyre obviously promises better all round performance than its predecessor.
A high performance tyre
This is an ultra high performance winter tyre, designed as a sports tyre to fit the large diameter rims on many of the world’s fastest cars. Designed for high performance, it comes with a high speed rating (Y: 300 km/h).
The Wintrac Xtreme S features Internal Sipe Locking Technology to provide maximum stability in the rain and on snow free surfaces. A particular focus has been given to the structure of tyre sipes and their deformation under dynamic use.
Superior grip on snow covered roads
According to Vredestein, this tyre takes performance to an even higher level on snow, ice and slush whether in terms of grip or steering precision. The tread features two types of sipes: Straight sipes on the central block are designed to deliver maximum traction and shorter braking distances on snow and ice, whereas zig-zag sipes in the shoulders guarantee superior road holding on slippery surfaces. Finally, a last type of groove is there to efficiently drain water and ensure optimal grip on wet surfaces.
With the new and improved tread compound, the Wintrac Xtreme S also offers increased durability and a lower rolling resistance.
Finally, the tyre was developed in partnership with Giugiaro to enhance the style element, like all the latest sports tyre produced by Vredestein.
The Vredenstein Wintrac Xtreme S will be available in twelve different sizes for 16 to19 inch rims.
Articles in the same header
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo