Ventus S1 evo2 K 117: Hankook’s new high performance tyre
Hankook continues its fast growth: The new BMW 3-Series will be fitted with Hankook’s brand new high performance tyre. It has to be said that this tyre puts forward some convincing arguments.
Hankook has just announced that its new high performance tyre, the Ventus S1 evo² (Ventus S1 evo2 K 117) will be factory fitted to the new BMW 3-Series (versions 316d to 320d and to 320i), the car manufacturer’s best selling model. The tyre dimension 205/60 R 16 will be used as standard. A great publicity stunt for the Korean tyre manufacturer who already fits two other models from the BMW group: The Mini and the new 1-Series.
Successor to the Ventus S1 Eco K 107, a tyre that received high ratings in tests run by the automobile press, the Ventus S1 evo² shares the same “values” as the Munich-based firm’s flagship model: Driving dynamics, comfort and fuel economy, with of course, no compromise on safety. With this model, Hankook targets sporty compact cars and family saloons.
Official supplier for the DTM championship, Hankook’s technological advances build on this experience. Particularly for the tread design and the outer rib blocks "staircase" arrangement.
With this tyre, Hankook, seventh largest tyre manufacturer in the world, join the key market players. The Ventus S1 evo² was developed at the European Technology Centre at Langenhagen, near Hanover in Germany, in close cooperation with the BMW Group. Around 40 engineers and specialists are working at ETC to develop tyres for the European car industry. The Ventus S1 evo² will be manufactured at the company’s main plant in Geumsan, South Korea.
Tyres similar to the Hankook Ventus S1 evo²
|Michelin||Pilot Sport 3|
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing