Ultrac Vorti, the new ultra high performance tyre from Vredestein
Vredestein cultivates its difference. The tyre manufacturer takes premium styling even further to offer a new ultra high performance tyre. Its newest addition, the Ultrac Vorti builds on this concept with a modern Giugiaro design and a name reflecting the powerful air flow generated when a helicopter takes off.
The Ultrac Vorti is the result of intensive cooperation between Vredestein R&D teams, several partners in the automotive industry, premium car tuners specialised in high performance (Carlsson, Arden…) and Giugiaro Design.
Originally designed for a staggered setup
The tyres sport a slightly different tread design to provide optimal handling of each axle. The front tyres discharge most of the water on wet surfaces whereas the rear tyres focus on grip and stability.
The Ultrac Vorti has a 4-radii contour (see the following diagram). This solution is designed to increase the ground contact surface. When cornering, the tyre’s outer shoulder carries the heaviest load, enabling the tyre to stay in perfect contact with the road.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2