Ultrac Vorti, the new ultra high performance tyre from Vredestein
Vredestein cultivates its difference. The tyre manufacturer takes premium styling even further to offer a new ultra high performance tyre. Its newest addition, the Ultrac Vorti builds on this concept with a modern Giugiaro design and a name reflecting the powerful air flow generated when a helicopter takes off.
The Ultrac Vorti is the result of intensive cooperation between Vredestein R&D teams, several partners in the automotive industry, premium car tuners specialised in high performance (Carlsson, Arden…) and Giugiaro Design.
Originally designed for a staggered setup
The tyres sport a slightly different tread design to provide optimal handling of each axle. The front tyres discharge most of the water on wet surfaces whereas the rear tyres focus on grip and stability.
The Ultrac Vorti has a 4-radii contour (see the following diagram). This solution is designed to increase the ground contact surface. When cornering, the tyre’s outer shoulder carries the heaviest load, enabling the tyre to stay in perfect contact with the road.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing