Ultrac Satin: high performance from Vredestein
Developed for saloon cars and SUVs by Vredestein together with Giugiaro for the design, the Ultrac Satin tyre launched by the Dutch tyre manufacturer at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show offers high performance and economy.
On the same topic
The new Vredestein tyre is rated B/C for economy. The specific work undertaken on the tread compound and the tread design, with Z-shaped grooves and an oval footprint, improve traction as well as steering precision for unprecedented handling on wet roads.
On the braking side, compared with its predecessor the Ultrac Cento, braking distances are more than 3 meters shorter from 50 mph (80 km/h) to a standstill. Furthermore, the Ultrac Satin is rated A for wet grip.
To achieve this, in addition to the tread compound, tyre technologists have focussed on the tread, the tread foundation, the sidewall, the carcass and the rim cushion.
The Ultrac Satin is initially available in sizes from 16 to 18 inches (W and Y speed ratings) and up to 20 inches is scheduled for later.
A celebrity tyre
In partnership with the famous DJ Hardwell, a limited edition of 225 tyres will be produced in the size 225/45 R17Y. The sidewall will sport a special design featuring DJ’s logo as well as an equaliser graph.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing