The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on show at Frankfurt
Tyre manufacturer Michelin is showcasing its new sports tyre, the Pilot Sport 4, at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. A much anticipated tyre that is up against some keen competition.
On the same topic
Competition in the sport’s tyre segment is rife, while Continental has just launched the SportContact 6, Michelin is currently presenting the latest addition to its Pilot Sport range at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The Pilot Sport range has earned a solid reputation, especially for its most versatile version which until now was the Pilot Sport 3, a tyre available on the market since 2010.
To ensure continuity, the PS4 goes even further than its predecessor offering significant progress in several areas, mainly thanks to Michelin’s experience in racing.
Logically, the Pilot Sport 4 places the emphasis on driving sensations and pure efficiency. For this, its structure features a reinforced belt to keep any tyre deformation to a minimum and, as a result, improves driving precision, dynamic response and of course, the level of pure grip.
Geared towards safety
The PS4 is a tyre designed to equip passenger cars. As such, it must deliver an excellent level of safety in all weather conditions. Its new tread compound has been developed with this in mind, just like its wide grooves providing efficient water evacuation.
However, the brief presentation did not provide any further information about this new Michelin tyre. We hope to compare it with other reference tyres in the high performance segment in the near future to truly evaluate its potential. Let’s hope it achieves its efficiency.
The Pilot Sport 4 will be available on the market in January 2016, and initially, only in 17- and 18-inch sizes. New sizes will be available later, and in particular, 19-inch sizes.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?