The Michelin Latitude Sport 3: a summer tyre for premium SUVs
Michelin continues to renew its tyre range with the launch of the Latitude Sport 3: a summer tyre primarily designed for sporty premium SUVs.
On the same topic
Porsche Macan and the others
Copyright © : Michelin
The Latitude Sport 3 is the latest summer tyre for SUVs in the Michelin range. It primarily targets high-sitting models that boast very dynamic handling. It can be found as original equipment on certain versions of the Porsche Macan, the Cayenne’s new little brother and competitor of the Audi Q5 and the BMW X3 in the premium brand market. The tyre’s profile is half way between a low consumption tyre such as the Primacy and a high performance tyre like the Pilot Sport 3. Obviously, compared with the product it replaces, the tyre’s performance is said to be much better in all areas and especially for braking, with stopping distances 2.70 metres shorter on wet roads. Note that the Latitude Sport 3 achieves an “A” rating for wet grip in almost all available sizes.
Wide range of sizes available from 2014
Copyright © : Porsche
Presented at the very end of last year, the Latitude Sport 3 is available in a wide range of different sizes, covering almost all sizes generally required for the premium SUV market. A total of 43 different sizes are available ranging from 235/65 R17 up to 295/35 R21. Let’s hope that it will soon equip a large number of models in the category such as the Audi Q5, the BMW X3, the Mercedes GLK or even the Volkswagen Touareg.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2