The C.Drive 2 by Yokohama
Yoko-a-what? YOKOHAMA! Not always easy to pronounce the name of this manufacturer, known essentially for its sports tyres, perhaps wrongly! Its range reveals very good products for the wider public; highly technical tyres, with sufficiently strong arguments to meet the benchmark brands.
Its latest product, presented at the Geneva Motor Show, is called C.drive 2 and is positioned as a specially designed tyre for compact cars and family saloons. In its press release, Yokohama highlights a multipurpose compound providing grip and stability on both wet and dry surfaces, combining driving pleasure and safety. Technically, it has an asymmetrical tread pattern. The outer part of the tyre has fewer grooves in order to enhance cornering stability. Four wide straight grooves and rounded grooves for effective water drainage and finally a central rib disperse the efforts generated on the tread, while enabling even wear. The compound was developed with polymers with a high molecular density, and silica content to enhance grip in the wet, while at the same time limiting rolling resistance, logically leading to substantial fuel savings. Pricewise, it falls into the average of top of the range tyres in its category for information for a 205/55x16 94V, count between €95 and €110 per tyre.
Articles in the same header
- Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
- GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
- Nokian zLine, Line and eLine: The Finnish tyre manufacturer launches three new summer tyres
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Tests at the Ascari race track
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
- Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: Track test
- Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: A touring tyre with a BA label rating
- Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R: A sleekly designed ultra-high performance tyre
- Dunlop Sport BluResponse: A touring tyre with a high label rating
- Pirelli PZero Nero GT: A sports tyre suitable for a wide range of cars