Starfire W200, a new winter tyre for compact cars
Starfire presents its new winter tyre, the W200. Designed for compact cars, it features all the latest technologies from the Cooper Group, which owns the brand.
On the same topic
Manufactured in Cooper's plant in Serbia and tested in Alpine winter conditions, the latest addition to the Starfire brand’s lineup promises excellent performances in terms of grip in snow, slush and wet conditions.
The Starfire W200 benefits from TAG technology (Tapered Alternating Groove), characterised by forward facing shoulder grooves and V-slots that improve braking. With its high silica compound, the W200 provides enhanced grip in snow, slush and wet conditions without sacrificing longevity. The backward facing centre groove significantly improves traction. The H speed rated version has an asymmetric tread design that improves handling in snow and ice.
These assessments however, are based on information provided by the tyre manufacturer and in no way demonstrate the tyre’s real performance.
We will wait until we test this tyre or are able to see test results before commenting on its level of performance.
The new Starfire W200 will be available in 25 sizes, ranging from 13 to 16 inches with T and H speed ratings.
Articles in the same header
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo