Presentation of the Continental WinterContact TS 860
Continental has just announced the replacement of its best known winter tyre, the ContiWinterContact TS 850. Presentation of the newcomer, the WinterContact TS 860.
On the same topic
Succeeding the TS 850 may prove to be difficult given the numerous titles this tyre has won since it was first launched on the market (2012). Indeed, it has made a name for itself in several comparison tests where its winter capabilities have always been cited as an example. But, in the face of fierce competition, now better equipped in terms of technology, the time has come to renew it. Continental’s technological advances have allowed the TS 860 to take its place.
As such, the TS 860 is said to deliver shorter braking distances on ice and improved handling on snow. It also offers improved fuel efficiency and a higher mileage notably thanks to a new rubber compound. However, we must wait for the first test results expected within the next few months to see if these performance gains are confirmed or not.
The WinterContact TS 860 is designed for compact and passenger cars, and will be launched in 21 different sizes, ranging from 14 to 17 inches over the course of 2016. This offer will be completed during 2017.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2