Presentation of the Continental WinterContact TS 860
Continental has just announced the replacement of its best known winter tyre, the ContiWinterContact TS 850. Presentation of the newcomer, the WinterContact TS 860.
On the same topic
Succeeding the TS 850 may prove to be difficult given the numerous titles this tyre has won since it was first launched on the market (2012). Indeed, it has made a name for itself in several comparison tests where its winter capabilities have always been cited as an example. But, in the face of fierce competition, now better equipped in terms of technology, the time has come to renew it. Continental’s technological advances have allowed the TS 860 to take its place.
As such, the TS 860 is said to deliver shorter braking distances on ice and improved handling on snow. It also offers improved fuel efficiency and a higher mileage notably thanks to a new rubber compound. However, we must wait for the first test results expected within the next few months to see if these performance gains are confirmed or not.
The WinterContact TS 860 is designed for compact and passenger cars, and will be launched in 21 different sizes, ranging from 14 to 17 inches over the course of 2016. This offer will be completed during 2017.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing