Michelin Primacy 3: Technology committed to safety
To improve the grip of the Primacy 3, Michelin has used two innovative technical solutions: A complex combination of compounds for treads and a method producing very thin sipes.
With the Primacy 3, Michelin engineers aim to maintain constant contact with the road, in all weather conditions and on all surface types. To improve grip, Michelin has used two innovative technological solutions:
A tightly bound rubber compound
The newly patented rubber compound for the Michelin Primacy 3 is a complex combination of several elastomers, a silica based reinforcing agent and a resin based softener.
The innovation comes from the nature of these compounds, the optimal dosage of each compound and the mixing method. The result? Tight binding between the rubber compounds, that provides a high total mileage.
Ultra thin self-blocking sipes
To withstand the high demands placed on tyres when braking sharply or when cornering, a tyre must maximise its contact area with the ground. With this in mind, the Michelin engineers have created a new patented tread with self-blocking sipes. They lock into each other to offer a stiffer tread block and improve the contact quality between the tyre and the road.
The minimum thickness of these new sipes does not exceed 0.2 mm: A groundbreaking technology, according to Michelin. By comparison, they are two to three times thinner than sipes found on winter tyres.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing