Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: A winter tyre for high performance SUV’s
Presented at the same time as the Pilot Alpin 4, the Michelin Latitude Alpin 2 is a winter tyre designed for 4x4's and high performance SUV's. Taking advantage of the same technological innovations, this tyre promises superior traction and safety on all terrains. We tested the tyre on snow covered tracks near Riga, in Latvia, driving a magnificent Range Rover Evoque.
On the same topic
Successor to the well-known Latitude Alpin launched in 2007, the Latitude Alpin 2 is a winter tyre designed for 4x4’s and high performance SUV's. An ideal tyre for this vehicle category, the Latitude Alpin 2 offers reassuring handling in all situations, overall durability and a high resistance to impacts.
Safety on all terrains
The Latitude Alpin 2 promises high performances for the following:
- Safety: Enhanced braking and grip when cornering;
- Mobility: Excellent traction on slippery roads;
- Control: Exceptional handling on all type of road surfaces and when changing lanes.
- Not forgetting the longevity, that has always been Michelin’s strong point.
These qualities meet motorist’s expectations as confirmed by Michelin through a study completed by more than 4 000 motorists in Germany, France, Russia, Sweden and Canada. For car manufacturers that have made safety a fundamental value, these qualities also meet their requirements.
Performances of the Michelin Latitude Alpin 2
TÜV SÜD, an independent test organisation has been given the task of conducting performance tests on Michelin’s new tyre. The tests used 235/65 R 17 H tyres, bought on the European market in November 2011. Here are some of the main findings:
Safety. The Michelin Latitude Alpin 2 brakes 2 metres shorter than its main competitors on snow covered roads and 4 metres shorter on ice covered roads (on average when braking from 30 mph to a complete standstill).
Control. The Latitude Alpin 2 provides better grip when cornering on snow and ice-covered roads than its main competitors.
Mobility. The Latitude Alpin 2 delivers superior traction on snow and ice than its main competitors.
Michelin Alpin 2 competitors:
Find out more:
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Technology
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Dimensions
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Test driving a Range Rover Evoque
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing