Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: A winter tyre for high performance SUV’s
Presented at the same time as the Pilot Alpin 4, the Michelin Latitude Alpin 2 is a winter tyre designed for 4x4's and high performance SUV's. Taking advantage of the same technological innovations, this tyre promises superior traction and safety on all terrains. We tested the tyre on snow covered tracks near Riga, in Latvia, driving a magnificent Range Rover Evoque.
On the same topic
Successor to the well-known Latitude Alpin launched in 2007, the Latitude Alpin 2 is a winter tyre designed for 4x4’s and high performance SUV's. An ideal tyre for this vehicle category, the Latitude Alpin 2 offers reassuring handling in all situations, overall durability and a high resistance to impacts.
Safety on all terrains
The Latitude Alpin 2 promises high performances for the following:
- Safety: Enhanced braking and grip when cornering;
- Mobility: Excellent traction on slippery roads;
- Control: Exceptional handling on all type of road surfaces and when changing lanes.
- Not forgetting the longevity, that has always been Michelin’s strong point.
These qualities meet motorist’s expectations as confirmed by Michelin through a study completed by more than 4 000 motorists in Germany, France, Russia, Sweden and Canada. For car manufacturers that have made safety a fundamental value, these qualities also meet their requirements.
Performances of the Michelin Latitude Alpin 2
TÜV SÜD, an independent test organisation has been given the task of conducting performance tests on Michelin’s new tyre. The tests used 235/65 R 17 H tyres, bought on the European market in November 2011. Here are some of the main findings:
Safety. The Michelin Latitude Alpin 2 brakes 2 metres shorter than its main competitors on snow covered roads and 4 metres shorter on ice covered roads (on average when braking from 30 mph to a complete standstill).
Control. The Latitude Alpin 2 provides better grip when cornering on snow and ice-covered roads than its main competitors.
Mobility. The Latitude Alpin 2 delivers superior traction on snow and ice than its main competitors.
Michelin Alpin 2 competitors:
Find out more:
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Technology
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Dimensions
- Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: Test driving a Range Rover Evoque
Articles in the same header
- Nokian WR SUV 3: A high performance winter tyre for SUVs
- Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
- GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
- Nokian zLine, Line and eLine: The Finnish tyre manufacturer launches three new summer tyres
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Tests at the Ascari race track
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
- Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: Track test
- Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: A touring tyre with a BA label rating
- Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R: A sleekly designed ultra-high performance tyre
- Dunlop Sport BluResponse: A touring tyre with a high label rating