Hankook Winter i*cept RS2, a new winter tyre presented at Frankfurt
Tyre manufacturer Hankook has chosen the Frankfurt Motor Show to present its new winter tyre, the Winter i*cept RS2. Announced as providing best in class winter performance on low grip surfaces, it should establish itself as a serious alternative in the intermediate winter tyre line up.
On the same topic
The Winter i*cept RS2 is part of Hankook’s new generation of winter tyres. The Korean tyre manufacturer has produced this tyre with city and compact cars owners in mind. This tyre is positioned as an “alpin” or “winter” tyre which means it is suitable for the moderate winter conditions in Central and Western Europe.
Technology in favour of versatility
As is usually the case with this type of tyre, the quest for versatility is the focus of debates. Indeed, the i*cept RS2 has been designed to handle dry roads as well as wet, snowy and slushy roads. This, however, does not imply it is an all season tyre. It is a real winter tyre, as demonstrated by its technical characteristics:
- Its rubber compound, designed to withstand low temperature, stays elastic to provide excellent grip.
- The V-shaped tread is designed to deliver enhanced traction on snowy surfaces, whereas the design of blocks and the way in which they work together improve tyre stability and stiffness when conditions dictate it.
Furthermore, Hankook claim to have developed grooves which effectively drain water, snow and slush to provide additional safety on all surfaces.
The Winter i*cept RS2 is now available in sizes ranging from 14 to 17 inches, in tread widths ranging from 165 to 225 and with aspect ratios from 45 to 75. The tyre will be proposed with H and T speed ratings.In Europe, production is handled by the tyre manufacturer’s Hungarian plant.
Articles in the same header
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo