Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 K 117: Technology
Lighter structure, improved footprint, reduced temperatures … Hankook’s new premium tyre builds on its experience as official supplier to the DTM championship.
On the same topic
Thanks to its asymmetric tread and complex crown plies inspired by DTM technology, the Ventus S1 evo² is designed to equalise contact pressure through an improved tyre footprint. The tyre manufacturer promises:
• Outstanding high speed driving performance and excellent straight line stability;
• Balanced performance on both wet and dry roads;
• Good resistance to lateral hydroplaning.
Wear resistant shoulders
The staircase arrangement of the triple layered shoulder blocks improves road contact as tyre wear progresses. This process ensures a high traction performance throughout the tyre’s life cycle.
A compound that improves rolling resistance and wet braking
Mixing at low temperatures improves the bonding rate between carbon and rubber molecules. Result: Reduced heat generation, better road holding performance, lower rolling resistance and less wear. Furthermore, the new styrene-butadiene polymer improves wet braking performance.
Better cooling efficiency of the compound
Cooling fins have been created to enhance heat dissipation:
• At the bottom of tyre grooves;
• On the outer block edges to generate micro cooling turbulences.
More even tread wear
The VAI siping system (Vehicle Alignment Indicator) allows drivers to quickly check the tyre and vehicle alignment and as such, ensures even tyre wear.
The system of aero-dynamic micro-cavities on the sidewalls reduce rolling noise and vibration levels to provide optimum driving comfort.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing