Hankook unveils the Ventus V12 evo2: a new versatile sports tyre
In addition to the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV for high performance SUVs, Hankook has unveiled the new V12 evo2 which offers an ideal compromise in terms of performance, comfort and fuel savings.
On the same topic
Better dynamic performance
For a sports tyre, dynamic performance obviously remains a priority and in this respect, the Ventus V12 evo2 promises to be even more capable thanks to a few new technical innovations. The high density casing increases tyre stiffness, beneficial for sporty driving. Fins anchored in the base of tread grooves ensure faster heat dissipation to deliver a more stable performance over time.
Improved wet performance
Hankook also announces better results in terms of wet handling. The water channelling system has been reviewed, from the centre of the tread to the main grooves. With less risk of aquaplaning, the tyre is safer on wet roads. As with the new Ventus S1 evo2 SUV, the new tread compound shortens wet and dry braking distances.
The tread design of the Ventus V12 evo2 further reduces tyre noise thanks to a new five layered structure designed to lower rolling noise. Its 3D blocks provide superior cornering grip and also contribute to reducing tyre noise.
Lower rolling resistance
Reducing fuel consumption is obviously a key issue for new tyres and the Ventus V12 evo2 is no exception. Its new styrene polymer compound helps lower rolling resistance and therefore, reduces fuel consumption.
The Ventus V12 evo2 will be released in spring 2014 and will be available for 16 to 19 inch diameters and tread widths from 195 to 255.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing