Hankook presents the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV: a high performance tyre for SUVs
Korean tyre manufacturer Hankook reveals a new high performance tyre for SUVs. It will be available in 30 sizes, for 17 to 22 inch rim diameters.
On the same topic
In line with the Ventus S1 evo2
Mainly aimed at SUV type vehicles, including the sportiest SUVs on the market, the new Ventus S1 Evo2 SUV uses the same design philosophy as the Ventus S1 Evo2. The goal is still to provide the best possible performances without compromising ride comfort, a fundamental compromise that remains the same for all tyre manufacturers in the category.
New silica compound
The revised structure of the Ventus S1 evo2 SUV features a new highly developed silica compound: Wet performance has improved, particularly in terms of traction. Performances are also better for wet braking, with much shorter stopping distances. The new wear resistant rubber compound also provides a longer tyre life.
Better heat dissipation
Tread grooves now have fins anchored to the base, which allow faster heat dissipation during intensive use. The aim is to increase performance levels and guarantee optimum efficiency for more stable handling, even when the tyre is subject to dynamic forces.
Maximum contact area
Hankook also announce that the new Ventus S1 evo2 SUV has an increased contact patch with the road. Thanks to a special tread design, the larger contact patch offers more precision when cornering, even at high speed. And on the wet, the larger contact patch reduces the risk of aquaplaning since water pressure is more evenly distributed.
The Ventus S1 evo2 SUV will be available as of spring 2014, in thirty different sizes ranging from 17 to 22 inches and for tread widths from 225 to 315.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2