Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
Hankook launches the Dynapro HP2, an on-road summer tyre for luxury and power SUVs. Bringing together comfort and safety, this tyre delivers high performance in terms of rolling resistance (fuel consumption), noise levels and wet grip.
On the same topic
Designed for all-wheel drive vehicles, the Dynapro HP2 is a high performance summer tyre primarily developed for on-road use. It targets drivers of luxury and power SUVs (Mercedes ML 350, BMW X5…). With this new tyre, Hankook promises comfortable but safe driving behaviour. According to the Korean tyre manufacturer, the Dynapro HP2 delivers precise steering and handling, a lower rolling resistance, reduced noise levels and excellent grip on wet roads.
High wet grip
Special attention has been paid to safety. The compound and tread design have been optimised to improve wet grip performance by 8% compared with the Dynapro HP. This gain has also been achieved through the optimisation of four longitudinal grooves and sipes in the outer tread blocks, which quickly discharge water to reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
Stability and steering precision
Rolling resistance and noise levels
Besides its safety and handling performances, the Hankook Dynapro HP2 also meets new requirements applicable in the SUV segment: It delivers a low rolling resistance and reduced noise levels. Rolling noise has been reduced by 4% compared with the Dynapro HP by means of kerfs in the shoulder blocks. The reduced rolling resistance, on which fuel consumption depends, is mainly due to the new full silica tread compound.
The Hankook Dynapro HP2 has been developed for the original equipment and spare parts markets. It is available in the main sizes for 40 - 50 series, with speed ratings T, H and V. Most references have the XL markings for increased load-bearing capacity.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing