Hakkapeliitta R2 and R2 SUV: Nokian renews its Nordic range
Nordic tyre specialist, Nokian has unveiled three new tyres in its flagship range: The Hakkapeliitta R2, a non studded winter tyre combining safety, driving comfort and eco-friendly travelling, and the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV, the R2 SUV version. These tyres will be available from autumn 2013.
On the same topic
Nokian has decided to renew most of its Hakkapeliitta winter range . The Finnish tyre manufacturer has presented three new products to the press, promising even better performance in terms of safety in extreme winter conditions, driving comfort and eco-friendly travelling.
- The Hakkapeliitta R2 for passenger car drivers who prefer non-studded tyres.
- The Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV, a version of the Hakkapeliitta R2 tailored for SUV’s.
Video presentation of the new Hakkapeliitta range from Nokian
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 is a non-studded winter tyre that will safely tackle all winter conditions, on both slippery urban roads and on snowy rural roads. It is designed for passenger car drivers looking for added safety, driving comfort and eco-friendly travelling.
Excellent road holding
Specially designed for non-studded tyres, the multi-layered tread structure improves driving stability.
The centre rib on the new directional tread pattern improves driving stability and provides a precise steering response.
A dense sipe mesh helps remove water from the road surface to offer optimum grip on wet and icy roads.
Optimum grip whatever the temperature
The block geometry of the tread pattern also helps improve grip on ice and snow, especially while braking and accelerating. To prevent slush-planning, the tyre has triangle-shaped slush penetrators designed on the shoulder area to prevent the accumulation of slush between tread blocks.
A lower environmental impact
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 has an extremely low rolling resistance offering drivers significant fuel savings and lower CO2 emissions.
The Hakkapeliitta R2 will be available from autumn 2013 in 56 sizes, from 13 inches up to 20 inches.
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV is designed for sport utility and off-road vehicles. It uses the same technology as the Hakkapeliitta R2. Its structure has been reinforced to support the SUV’s weight and ensure optimum performance of this type of vehicle's four wheel-drive.
The Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV will be available from autumn 2013 in 47 sizes, from 15 inches up to 21 inches.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2