Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV: Green tyre for on-road 4x4’s
Three years after the launch of the EfficientGrip, winner of several comparative tests, Goodyear is introducing the EfficientGrip SUV. As its name suggests, this tyre targets on-road 4x4’s. Combining fuel savings, a quiet comfortable ride and safety, this eco-friendly tyre is designed to deliver high performance.
How can fuel consumption and CO2 emissions be reduced for a tyre designed for SUV’s and 4x4’s with no effect on performance expectations? Goodyear has addressed this challenge with the new EfficientGrip SUV. To succeed, the tyre manufacturer has developed a “Fuel Saving Technology” which uses new manufacturing processes and innovative materials. This technology gives a lighter tyre with a lower rolling resistance; therefore less energy is required for driving.
Goodyear ordered performance tests to be conducted by TÜV SÜD Automotive, the German audit and certification organisation. Here are the main results:
- Fuel consumption: Rolling resistance is reduced by 10% compared with its predecessor.
- Braking: The EfficientGrip SUV offers 6% shorter braking distances on wet roads and 5% on dry roads compared with average values taken for three tyres from key competitors.
- Comfort: Reduced rolling noise offers enhanced driving comfort.
Tyres similar to the Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV
|Michelin||Latitude Tour HP|
|Bridgestone||Dueler H/T 684|
Articles in the same header
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo