GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
The Compact completes Goodyear’s EfficientGrip range, alongside the EfficientGrip Performance and the EfficientGrip SUV. Designed for city and compact cars, this fuel saving tyre with a reduced rolling resistance and longer tyre life, delivers shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads.
On the same topic
The Goodyear EfficientGrip Compact targets the small car segment, city or compact cars, which is a growing market in Europe. It completes the EfficientGrip range, Goodyear’s range of summer touring tyres. After launching the EfficientGrip SUV in 2012, the tyre manufacturer unveiled the EfficientGrip Performance at the Geneva Motor Show 2013, a high performance summer tyre for saloons, compact and family cars. With the EfficientGrip Compact, Goodyear has completely renewed its range of summer tyres. This well rated tyre offers enhanced safety, thanks to improved wet grip performance, and longevity.
Enhanced wet grip
Rated B for wet grip under the new tyre labelling legislation, the Goodyear Efficient Grip delivers shorter braking distances on wet roads than its predecessor, the Duragrip. To reach this level of performance, the tyre features a new tread design, with dual wide grooves, extra large sipes and multiple biting edges that cut through the water film.
A rounder cavity shape reduces the accumulation of water in front of the tyre to limit the risk of aquaplaning. Large shoulder blocks increase the road contact area when braking and provide a higher lateral stiffness when cornering.
Advances in tyre components and tyre structure have enabled Goodyear to reduce the overall tyre weight by 5% compared with its predecessor. The tyre generates less heat, rolling resistance is lower, which results is fuel savings. This low rolling resistance, combined with a more even contact area, promotes regular wear and a longer tyre life.
The Goodyear EfficientGrip Compact is available in 26 dimensions for 13, 14 and 15 inch wheels, from 145 70 R13 71T to195 65 R15 95T.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?