Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2: Concentrated technology
To take the lead in a highly disputed category, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 inaugurates an impressive set of technologies.
On the same topic
> Improved braking
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric uses ActiveBraking which is characterised by a crossed plies carcass structure and a high-surface silica rubber compound.
This technology considerably increases the ground surface under braking pressure. This enables stopping distances to be reduced. A traditional tyre however does not change much during these phases.
In addition, a new rubber compound comprised of high molecular weight polymers, very high silica content and a traction resin derived from motor sports. All this improves braking performances on wet roads.
> Better driving precision
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric has a crossed plies carcass structure which stiffens the profile. The noted advantages are greater driving precision and better road holding and braking on dry surfaces.
> Optimised energy efficiency (FuelSaving)
To reduce consumption (and hence CO2 emissions), the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 offers 3 solutions:
Ø Reduced weight with less material and optimised structure to limit heating and rolling resistance.
Ø A new type of high-performance silica that reduces heating.
Ø Aerodynamic sidewalls.
The stiffness of the tread provides even pressure and distribution of stiffness over the whole contact patch, allowing for potentially greater mileage.
In view of future tyre labelling, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 has been optimised to emit less noise.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing