Firestone unveils its new winter tyre: the Winterhawk 3
Winter preparations are already underway at Firestone. The Winterhawk 2 gives way to the new Winterhawk 3 and as expected, performance improvements are announced.
On the same topic
Now the summer break is over and temperatures are beginning to fall, it’s time to start thinking about winter and the equipment required for mountain driving. Firestone has probably chosen the best time to present its winter tyre: Only a few months before the cold winter weather sets in.
In the past, the Bridgestone owned American tyre manufacturer relied on the Winterhawk 2 Evo as its second line lamellen tyre for winter. It has finally been replaced by the Winterhawk 3, announced as providing increased efficiency in all important areas.
The tread has been redesigned to offer a constant tread depth and an increased number of blocks. For the sipe composition, new technological choices provide a significant gain in pure efficiency, especially for traction performance in powder and packed snow. Up to 9% more traction can be expected in these conditions. The tyre also delivers more grip on ice.
With its new tread design, the tyre can channel away 10% more water and snow than the tyre it replaces. But tyre wear is where the Winterhawk 3 has improved most: According to Firestone, this tyre offers a 30% longer tyre life than the Winterhawk 2 Evo.
It is also 6% lighter, energy efficiency is up by 2% and noise levels are said to be lower. The Winterhawk 3 is already available in 13 dimensions. By 2015, the range will expand to include 51 different dimensions.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing