Falken Azenis FK453, successor to the FK452 sports tyre
Falken launches the Azenis FK453, successor to the FK 452, revered by many sports driving enthusiasts. To develop its new tyre, the tyre manufacturer has tested its prototypes on race circuits, notably at Nürburgring.
On the same topic
Launched in 2006, the FK452 is highly reputed in certain sports car communities. Falken’s communication strategy, highly focused on drift and motor sports in general, largely contributes to this reputation.
Driving pleasure is paramount
The Azenis FK453 has been specially designed for the European market. This means that when drafting the specification, Falken integrated a set of driving criteria relating to the use European sports car owners make of their vehicle.
Certain performances such as wet braking and grip received special attention.
Building on its motor sports experience, Falken has found a good balance in terms of performance, with the priority being given to driving fun.
The German circuit played a key role in finalising this tyre. So much so that one of the technologies used bears its name: NUR-Spec. This name refers to a reinforced structure incorporating nylon to improve rigidity and driving feel.
Compared with the FK452, this structure offers a larger contact area and significantly improves tyre performances, particularly in terms of wet handling and braking.
The tread design allows efficient water deflection. Furthermore, it has been optimised to achieve satisfactory noise levels.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing