Dunlop Winter Response 2: new winter tyre for compact cars
Dunlop has just presented its new winter tyre designed for city and compact cars. Performance improvements are announced.
On the same topic
Entry-level winter tyre
As its name indicates, the Winter Response 2 succeeds the Winter Response in Dunlop’s range of winter tyres. The aim is still to offer an entry-level winter tyre, a complement to the SP Winter Sport 4D: The Winter Response 2 aims to equip compact cars from the A-, B- and C-car segments.
As might be expected, Dunlop is announcing improvements compared to its predecessor. Performance is said to be better and in particular, the Winter Response 2 delivers shorter braking distances on wet, snow covered or icy roads. Through an innovative design of blocks in the centre of the tyre tread, the Winter Response 2 has, for example, an increased contact area. A technical choice that increases the amount of grip delivered during the braking and accelerating phases on snow.
Better in corners
Improvements to the Winter Response 2 are not only measured on straight lines. 45 degree sipes in the shoulder provide even better compensation of centrifugal forces when cornering. This special tread is designed for increased cornering control, even when driving on snow and ice. On this terrain, the innovative design of blocks on the centre of the tyre tread captures snow and increases the contact area at the centre of the tread. High density sipes bite into the snow and cut through the water film on wet roads. Here again, dynamic performance has improved in these conditions.
This winter, the Dunlop Winter Response 2 will be available in 22 different sizes for 14 and 15 inch wheels.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?