Dunlop Sport Maxx RT: A safe, eco-friendly sports tyre
Dunlop has unveiled its new Sport Maxx RT tyre in Andalusia; the long-awaited successor of the prestigious SP Sport Maxx TT. Inspired by Dunlop’s racing heritage, this new eco-friendly tyre combines high performance with safety. Strengths, technology, dimensions: Details of this tyre, dedicated to sheer driving pleasure, are given below. And, as a bonus, the first reactions from our driver-journalist who tested it on various sports cars.
On the same topic
Launched in 2008, the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT has become a reference in the sports tyre category. In the past three years, it has been approved for many sports cars, such as the Megane RS, and as such has broken into a highly competitive market segment.
Albeit slightly changed, the new tyre’s name clearly refers to the racing world (RT for “Racing Technology”). Dunlop engineers have drawn on their extensive racing expertise to develop a sports tyre in keeping with current trends.
The specification is in line with hedonic concepts, such as driving pleasure, accuracy, responsiveness, and safety and energy efficiency requirements., conflicting requirements that are now necessary in a society where cars are seeking respectability.
Performance and safety
Dunlop chose the Ascari race track in Andalusia to present its new sports tyre to the press. Based on results from tests conducted by the specialised body TÜV SÜD, the tyre manufacturer has highlighted the Sport Maxx RT tyre’s high performance particularly in terms of safety and its contribution to reduce fuel consumption.
> Braking: The Sport Maxx RT tyre obtains excellent results for both wet and dry braking (7% better than its key competitors).
> Rolling resistance: The Sport Maxx RT showed an 11% better rolling resistance compared with its main competitors. This means superior fuel economy and fewer CO2 emissions.
(Tests performed on a Golf GTI fitted with a tyre size of 245/45R 17.)
Tyres similar to the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
|Michelin||Pilot Sport 3|
|Goodyear||Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2|
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: Technology
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: Dimensions
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: The rezulteo test
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2