Dunlop Sport Maxx RT: A motorsport-derived technology
To make its new tyre more efficient, Dunlop has worked on its structure, tread design and compound. Objective: Enhance driving pleasure without sacrificing versatility or safety. Explanation on video.
On the same topic
To reduce braking distances, Dunlop has developed reinforced blocks that ensure an “anti-lift” effect thanks to an increased stiffness. In practice, these grooves connect the V-shaped tread blocks.
Motorsport-derived rubber compound
To provide optimum grip, the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT uses an adaptive compound which compensates for any micro-irregularities in the road surface to ensure a maximum contact area with the ground. Discover this technology on video:
> Video: Specific features of the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT compound
Optimised outer blocks
To improve the steering responsiveness and precision of its tyre, Dunlop Sport Maxx RT has a massive outer shoulder block. This allows the tread pattern to perform efficiently when subjected to high stresses.
> Video: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT outer shoulder block in action
Improved rolling resistance
To improve the rolling resistance, and therefore reduce fuel consumption, Dunlop has worked on reducing the tyre’s weight as well as the air penetration coefficient to reduce the aerodynamic drag.
> Video: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT Optimised rolling resistance
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: Dimensions
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: The rezulteo test
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: Featuring sportiness and safety
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2