Dunlop Sport Maxx RT: A motorsport-derived technology
To make its new tyre more efficient, Dunlop has worked on its structure, tread design and compound. Objective: Enhance driving pleasure without sacrificing versatility or safety. Explanation on video.
On the same topic
To reduce braking distances, Dunlop has developed reinforced blocks that ensure an “anti-lift” effect thanks to an increased stiffness. In practice, these grooves connect the V-shaped tread blocks.
Motorsport-derived rubber compound
To provide optimum grip, the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT uses an adaptive compound which compensates for any micro-irregularities in the road surface to ensure a maximum contact area with the ground. Discover this technology on video:
> Video: Specific features of the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT compound
Optimised outer blocks
To improve the steering responsiveness and precision of its tyre, Dunlop Sport Maxx RT has a massive outer shoulder block. This allows the tread pattern to perform efficiently when subjected to high stresses.
> Video: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT outer shoulder block in action
Improved rolling resistance
To improve the rolling resistance, and therefore reduce fuel consumption, Dunlop has worked on reducing the tyre’s weight as well as the air penetration coefficient to reduce the aerodynamic drag.
> Video: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT Optimised rolling resistance
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: Dimensions
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: The rezulteo test
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT: Featuring sportiness and safety
Articles in the same header
- Nokian WR SUV 3: A high performance winter tyre for SUVs
- Hankook Dynapro HP2: A high performance summer tyre for SUVs
- GoodYear EfficientGrip Compact: A safe, economical summer tyre for city cars
- Nokian zLine, Line and eLine: The Finnish tyre manufacturer launches three new summer tyres
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Tests at the Ascari race track
- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
- Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: Track test
- Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance: A touring tyre with a BA label rating
- Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R: A sleekly designed ultra-high performance tyre
- Dunlop Sport BluResponse: A touring tyre with a high label rating