Dunlop Sport BluResponse: A touring tyre with a high label rating
Dunlop chose the Geneva Motor Show to present the Sport BluResponse, its new summer tyre for passenger cars. With a BA label rating, it offers excellent wet grip performance as well as a low rolling resistance, synonymous with fuel savings and reduced C0² emissions.
To improve the performance of its new summer touring tyre, Dunlop has drawn on its motorsports experience. The Dunlop Sport BluResponse uses a motorsport derived polymer compound to give better grip and handling on wet roads. With a European BA label, the Sport BluResponse satisfies the new European tyre labelling requirements for grip, rolling resistance and reduced external noise. Dunlop ensures that there is no compromise on other tyre performances.
Grip, handling and braking
With its asymmetric tread design, the Dunlop Sport BluResponse provides better road holding, particularly on wet roads. Large central grooves evacuate water quickly. The massive outer shoulder block ensures efficient drainage. As such, the risk of aquaplaning is greatly reduced.
The Sport BluResponse also offers excellent braking performances. Based on tests conducted by TÜV SÜD, the braking distance is around 2.5 m (≈8ft2in) shorter than the average results of competitors in tests, and handling performance is 3% faster.
Compared with its predecessor, the Sport FastResponse, the Sport BluResponse improves rolling resistance by 30%, thanks to a new tread compound and an optimised tyre structure. According to Dunlop, the Sport BluResponse offers fuel savings of around 100€ (≈85 £) per year (calculation based on a 5% fuel consumption reduction, an annual mileage of 14000 kilometres (≈8700 miles) and a price per litre of 1.64 € (≈193,4 p/litre)).
Stability and steering precision
The continuous central rib increases stability and steering precision. The flatter tread profile increases road contact to improve the vehicle’s reaction, particularly when cornering. The tyre’s construction employs ten different bending radiuses to give a more uniform contact patch for greater responsiveness.
Comfort and longevity
Closed shoulder grooves lower the Sport BluResponse’s rolling noise. Finally, the larger footprint offers a longer tyre life.
The Dunlop Sport BluResponse is available in 43 dimensions from 14 to 17 inches. 9 other sizes will be available in 2014.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing