Continental ContiEcoContact 5: safer, more ecological
The ContiEcoContact 5 is the new reference in the manufacturer's green range. Designed for passenger cars, according to Continental, this tyre reconciles excellent rolling resistance with short braking distances. It will be on sale from the second quarter of 2011.
On the same topic
An end to target conflicts?
The ContiEcoContact 5 claims significant progress on its predecessor, especially concerning the marriage between usually incompatible variables: braking and rolling resistance.
Although the ContiEcoContact 3 was remarkable for its excellent dynamic and safety properties, it lagged behind some of its competitors as regarding savings. The ContiEcoContact 5 has considerably enhanced this point, offering a good balance of overall performance.
A 20% reduction in rolling resistance
Continental has made significant improvements to rolling resistance: the manufacturer claims to have reduced it by 20% compared to the ContiEcoContact 3. This advance leads to a 3% reduction in consumption.
This demonstrates the evolution from the ContiEcoContact 3 to the 5 over a set of performances.
Available: spring 2011
This tyre will be available in the following dimensions:
165/70 R 14 T
195/65 R 15 95 H XL
195/65 R 15 V
205/65 R 15 W XL
185/60 R 15 84 T
195/55 R 15 V
205/55 R 16 H XL / V XL
215/55 R 16 W XL
225/55 R 16 Y XL
195/50 R 15 V
Articles in the same header
- Continental SportContact 6: tested soon on rezulteo
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2: more versatility, increased performance
- Michelin CrossClimate: now available!
- GEOLANDAR H/T G056: Yokohama’s new on-road SUV tyre
- Firestone Multiseason, an all season tyre for city cars
- Nokian Weatherproof: the new benchmark for all season tyres?
- Nokian WR C3, a winter tyre reserved for vans
- We’ve tested the Nokian WR D4
- Michelin CrossClimate, a tyre for both summer and winter
- Pirelli Cinturato All Season