Continental ContiEcoContact 5: safer, more ecological
The ContiEcoContact 5 is the new reference in the manufacturer's green range. Designed for passenger cars, according to Continental, this tyre reconciles excellent rolling resistance with short braking distances. It will be on sale from the second quarter of 2011.
On the same topic
An end to target conflicts?
The ContiEcoContact 5 claims significant progress on its predecessor, especially concerning the marriage between usually incompatible variables: braking and rolling resistance.
Although the ContiEcoContact 3 was remarkable for its excellent dynamic and safety properties, it lagged behind some of its competitors as regarding savings. The ContiEcoContact 5 has considerably enhanced this point, offering a good balance of overall performance.
A 20% reduction in rolling resistance
Continental has made significant improvements to rolling resistance: the manufacturer claims to have reduced it by 20% compared to the ContiEcoContact 3. This advance leads to a 3% reduction in consumption.
This demonstrates the evolution from the ContiEcoContact 3 to the 5 over a set of performances.
Available: spring 2011
This tyre will be available in the following dimensions:
165/70 R 14 T
195/65 R 15 95 H XL
195/65 R 15 V
205/65 R 15 W XL
185/60 R 15 84 T
195/55 R 15 V
205/55 R 16 H XL / V XL
215/55 R 16 W XL
225/55 R 16 Y XL
195/50 R 15 V
Articles in the same header
- Toyo Proxes R888R: the new benchmark for semi-slicks?
- Starfire W200, a new winter tyre for compact cars
- The Sailun Atrezzo ZSR tyre: tested by rezulteo
- Goodyear UltraGrip 9: the new benchmark?
- Nokian Line and zLine SUV: tested by rezulteo
- Yokohama AD08R: fully tested by Rezulteo
- Firestone launches the Destination HP for compact SUVs
- Vredestein renews its winter and all season range
- Kumho presents the Solus HA31 and the WinterCraft WP51
- Apollo Tyres presents the Alnac 4G All Season and Alnac 4G Winter tyres