Bridgestone Turanza T001: Technology
A new rubber compound, advanced asymmetric tread design and tension control: To obtain the optimal balance of performance characteristics, Bridgestone uses the most sophisticated technology.
To strike the right balance between grip and rolling resistance, Bridgestone has developed a new Silica rich compound (90%). It incorporates NanoPro-Tech technology which reduces excess heat production caused by the deformation of the compound when rolling.
An advanced tread pattern
- An asymmetric tread design optimises the tyre’s behaviour on the wet (inner face) and on the dry (outer face).
- Wide circumferential grooves evacuate water and reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
- Reinforced shoulders improve road contact for both braking and cornering.
- Sipes in the central blocks inclined at 60° offer an enhanced braking performance and a wider footprint.
- Grooves (type Helmholtz) reduce the rolling noise.
A complex architecture
- The stiffer belt combined with a flexible sidewall lowers the rolling resistance.
- Reducing the amount of rubber used results in a lighter tyre.
- Low temperature curing ensures an even tension across the sidewall and casing.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2