Bridgestone Turanza T001: Technology
A new rubber compound, advanced asymmetric tread design and tension control: To obtain the optimal balance of performance characteristics, Bridgestone uses the most sophisticated technology.
To strike the right balance between grip and rolling resistance, Bridgestone has developed a new Silica rich compound (90%). It incorporates NanoPro-Tech technology which reduces excess heat production caused by the deformation of the compound when rolling.
An advanced tread pattern
- An asymmetric tread design optimises the tyre’s behaviour on the wet (inner face) and on the dry (outer face).
- Wide circumferential grooves evacuate water and reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
- Reinforced shoulders improve road contact for both braking and cornering.
- Sipes in the central blocks inclined at 60° offer an enhanced braking performance and a wider footprint.
- Grooves (type Helmholtz) reduce the rolling noise.
A complex architecture
- The stiffer belt combined with a flexible sidewall lowers the rolling resistance.
- Reducing the amount of rubber used results in a lighter tyre.
- Low temperature curing ensures an even tension across the sidewall and casing.
Articles in the same header
- New tyres from Nokian: iLine and eLine 2
- Bridgestone DriveGuard, a Run Flat designed for all vehicles
- Official launch of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4
- The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is about to hit the market
- Nokian WR C3, a winter tyre reserved for vans
- Presentation of the Continental WinterContact TS 860
- Chelsea FC marks Yokohoma’s BluEarth-A-AE50
- Two new high performance tyres from Cooper
- Vector 4Seasons Gen-2, the new all season tyre from Goodyear
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2: more versatility, increased performance