Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002: Sport tyre for city and compact cars
Bridgestone has launched a new sport tyre for compact cars. Mostly for urban use, the Potenza Adrenalin RE002 has been developed with driving sensations, safety and sporty handling in mind.
On the same topic
Make no mistake, the Adrenalin RE002 is not Bridgestone’s sportiest tyre. This new range positions itself between the Turanza T001, a standard touring tyre, and the Potenza S001, the brand’s flagship sport tyre. It is aimed at drivers who want to experience the sporty feeling and, at the same time, require an excellent level of safety.
Available in 15- to 18-inch sizes, the Adrenalin RE002 targets city cars such as the Renault Clio or the Citroën DS3, but also compact cars such as the BMW 1-Series, the Mercedes Class A or the Vauxhall Astra.
The Adrenalin RE002 positioning
According to Bridgestone, the Adrenalin RE002 offers exceptional handling: The tyre manufacturer says it has paid particular attention to stability. Performances relating to driving sensations such as responsive and steering angle have been at the heart of development. Finally, design has not been forgotten: The tread design is definitely sporty which will please enthusiasts.
Video presentation of Bridgestone’s Adrenalin RE002
Adrenalin RE002: Technological innovations
Avec son profil asymétrique marqué et son look sportif, la bande de roulement de l’Adrenalin RE002 fait appel à des solutions techniques élaborées.
For its new tyre, Bridgestone highlighted three points in the initial specifications:
- Stability and steering precision
- Grip on wet surfaces.
To meet the specifications, the tyre manufacture has used sophisticated technical solutions.
> High grip shoulder blocks
An optimised rib provides the connection between the shoulder and the tread block to increase the overall stiffness. An improvement that offers enhanced driving sensations and more cornering grip.
> Solid Contact Centre Rib Design
The wave tread centre block with stiff ribs gives a larger contact patch and superior stability. Deflectors built into the bottom of the centre groove break the water film to reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
> A reinforced wall
To enhance driving sensations, priority has been given to improving the wall’s rigidity and lateral stiffness.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?