Bridgestone Ecopia EP150, a new green tyre
The Ecopia EP150 tyre presented at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show is on sale at last. This environmentally-friendly tyre aims at offering a good level of safety, and optimal energy performance.
To do so, Bridgestone developed a new rubber compound called Nano Pro-Tech™. This technology aims at reducing the rolling resistance coefficient, and as a result fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Bridgestone is announcing about 3% lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. To be verified.
The tread developed for this tyre used special blocks and fine grooves to enhance grip, and braking on wet surfaces.
The Ecopia EP150 is available from 14 to 16 inches.
Articles in the same header
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?