Bridgestone DriveGuard Winter, a Run-Flat winter tyre for all vehicles
A few weeks after the launch of the Bridgestone DriveGuard summer tyre, the tyre manufacturer is back with its winter version, the DriveGuard Winter.
On the same topic
Like its summer version, the DriveGuard Winter is a Run-Flat tyre that allows drivers to continue driving and keep control of their vehicle after a puncture, and this for 50 miles (80 kilometres) at speeds up to 50 mph (80 km/h). Available soon in 10 different sizes (for 15 to 17 inch rims), it is suitable for all vehicles equipped with a tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
To achieve this, the DriveGuard Winter features reinforced sidewalls and a “Cooling Fin” design allowing the tyre to reduce heat build-up if the pressure falls, and therefore prevent any significant deformation of the carcass.
For its winter version, the DriveGuard Winter’s tread is based on the Blizzak LM001 design, launched at the beginning of 2014, and which offers optimum water evacuation and a compound delivering excellent wet grip. Finally, the 3D siping and slanted grooves ensure exceptional traction and handling on snow covered and frozen surfaces.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing