Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70: Concentrated technology
Including Multicell Tube, 3D Zigzag sipes, NanoPro-Tech rubber: To meet tough specifications, the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70 uses the latest technologies developed by the tyre manufacturer.
On the same topic
Multicell Tube compound: For better grip on ice
The Multicell Tube technology, used by the rubber compound, absorbs the thin layer of water found on the surface of ice, thereby improving the tyre’s contact with the ground.
As water is cleared, the bite particles come into contact with the ice and provide even more grip.
3D Zigzag sipes: To maintain block stiffness
On winter and Nordic tyres, the stiffness of tread blocks is decisive. The 3D Zigzag sipes were developed with this in mind. They have a “washboard” shape as well as support bars that prevent movements. This technical solution aims to improve grip on snow and ice covered roads, but also increase the tyre’s longevity.
NanoPro tech: A rubber that remains flexible
The rubber compound also uses the NanoPro-Tech technology that provides an even distribution of the silica on a molecular scale. This means that the rubber remains flexible, even in very low temperature conditions. This technology also optimises ground contact.
A directional tread pattern: To efficiently clear water and slush
With a staggered centre rib and four longitudinal grooves to evacuate water, the tread blocks quickly clear water and slush. The uni-directional tread pattern and multi-angular sipes ensure good traction on snow-covered surfaces.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends its BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing