A Nokian “A” rated winter tyre for the BMW i3
Nokian teams up with BMW to equip the BMW i3 with a tyre that can claim to be the first winter tyre with an “A” tyre label rating for energy efficiency.
On the same topic
For the BMW i3
In general, it is less appealing to use electric cars in severe cold since the ability of the battery to hold its charge is directly proportional to the temperature. Nonetheless, these cars can be driven in all conditions and have their own range of winter tyres. This is the case of the BMW i3, a 100% electric city car which as a result, is fitted with tyres with a unique construction: a generous rim but a very narrow tread.
An “A” energy rating
Nokian presents a new version of the Hakkapeliitta, specially designed for the BMW i3. The Hakkapeliitta R2 has a 30 % lower rolling resistance than similar tyres it replaces, an important feature for vehicle autonomy. This rolling resistance is so low that the tyre has achieved an “A” tyre label rating for energy efficiency: a first for a winter tyre. As for tyre performance, this tyre is better in all possible road conditions.
Articles in the same header
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing
- Firestone renews its commercial van tyre with the Vanhawk 2
- The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S takes sports performance a step further
- Avon renews its winter range with the WV7 and WT7
- Cinturato Winter, Pirelli’s adaptive winter tyre
- The new Pirelli P Zero, evolution or revolution?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, tested by rezulteo
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, tested by rezulteo
- BFGoodrich launches the new g-Grip All Season 2