A Nokian “A” rated winter tyre for the BMW i3
Nokian teams up with BMW to equip the BMW i3 with a tyre that can claim to be the first winter tyre with an “A” tyre label rating for energy efficiency.
On the same topic
For the BMW i3
In general, it is less appealing to use electric cars in severe cold since the ability of the battery to hold its charge is directly proportional to the temperature. Nonetheless, these cars can be driven in all conditions and have their own range of winter tyres. This is the case of the BMW i3, a 100% electric city car which as a result, is fitted with tyres with a unique construction: a generous rim but a very narrow tread.
An “A” energy rating
Nokian presents a new version of the Hakkapeliitta, specially designed for the BMW i3. The Hakkapeliitta R2 has a 30 % lower rolling resistance than similar tyres it replaces, an important feature for vehicle autonomy. This rolling resistance is so low that the tyre has achieved an “A” tyre label rating for energy efficiency: a first for a winter tyre. As for tyre performance, this tyre is better in all possible road conditions.
Articles in the same header
- Yokohama presents two new winter tyres for its BluEarth and IceGuard ranges
- Apollo launches two new tyres for the European market at Geneva
- Yokohama announces the return of the A008P
- Ecorun A-A: Falken unveils its tyre for Toyota hybrid vehicles
- Yokohama extends it’s BluEarth range with two new summer tyres
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S: a new benchmark sports tyre?
- Continental CrossContact ATR: long live diversity!
- Sport and comfort with Continental’s new PremiumContact 6
- Roadhawk, the new Firestone tyre delivering long lasting performance
- Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001: the all-season tyre family is growing