Porsche 918 Spyder : a nice surprise
A nice surprise at the Geneva Motor Show: The 918 Spyder concept reveals a hybrid system with a remarkable 715 hp of power for mixed consumption of 3.0 L/100 km (94 mpg) and only 70g of CO2/km.
The Stuttgart manufacturer surprised everyone by offering this hybrid version designed around two 218 hp electric motors and one 500 hp V8 3.4 L. This rounded version somewhat recalls the 918 from the 1970’s. It can be used in 4 drive modes, from 100% electric over a distance of 25km, to “Race Hybrid” mode combining the three motors for a total power of 700 hp. The manufacturer has not yet indicated when it might be on sale.
The Porsche 918 Spyder is exhibited with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Calendar: Steve McCurry celebrates vibrant Rio de Janiero
- Rezulteo expands to Ireland
- Pirelli 2012 calendar: Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and friends...
- Continental get in the cage
- Bridgestone advertising during the Super Bowl
- Bridgestone signs up with a beaver for the Super Bowl
- Vredestein signs with Lumma Design
- ContiTireRace : the iPhone application test
- Michelin turns it up
- Pirelli 2011 calendar, Karl Lagerfeld at the helm