Mirko Siakkou Flodin: Or the art of giving life back to old tyres...
In the category of artistic recycling of tyres, we have already presented the Millegomme community. With sculptor Mirko Siakkou-Flodin we are transported into another universe in which the tyre rhymes with finesse and elegance.
On the same topic
His work inspires admiration, particularly when we understand the lack of flexibility and the roughness of the raw material involved.
His artistic bent consists in giving life to piles of carcasses, by forming subtle assemblies and rendering the tyres more docile.
Rubber acts just like a natural skin. His subtle designs give life to these imaginary animals and creations, conferring upon them a real expressivity and quite a disturbing realism.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Calendar: Steve McCurry celebrates vibrant Rio de Janiero
- Rezulteo expands to Ireland
- Pirelli 2012 calendar: Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and friends...
- Continental get in the cage
- Bridgestone advertising during the Super Bowl
- Bridgestone signs up with a beaver for the Super Bowl
- Vredestein signs with Lumma Design
- ContiTireRace : the iPhone application test
- Michelin turns it up
- Pirelli 2011 calendar, Karl Lagerfeld at the helm