Continental: from the tyre to the electric motor, just one step …
Equipment supplier and tyre manufacturer, Continental is extending its production to electric motors. This diversification is aimed notably at reducing vehicle polluting emissions and more directly, earning a reputation as an eco-manufacturer.
The German manufacturer has just announced its intention to start the production of electric motors, as from 2011. The motors are to be assembled at its plant at Gifhorn (Germany) which has just been modernised for the moderate sum of 12 million euros. 60 000 units per year of these light motors (65 kg) whose power output will be 60kW or 75 kW, depending on the model concerned, are to be produced. The only unknown factor is the name of the car maker who will be working with this equipment supplier… The veil of secrecy is to be raised in the very near future.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Calendar: Steve McCurry celebrates vibrant Rio de Janiero
- Rezulteo expands to Ireland
- Pirelli 2012 calendar: Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and friends...
- Continental get in the cage
- Bridgestone advertising during the Super Bowl
- Bridgestone signs up with a beaver for the Super Bowl
- Vredestein signs with Lumma Design
- ContiTireRace : the iPhone application test
- Michelin turns it up
- Pirelli 2011 calendar, Karl Lagerfeld at the helm