Belgium: all eyes on tyres
Radar devices could soon be incorporated into kerbs in Belgium to measure tread depth in tyres. The system which is totally invisible to the driver will be able to flash the number plates of drivers who don’t respect safety standards.
The first tests carried out by the police were conclusive and out of 2000 spot checks 30 motorists have already received verbal warnings. The minimum tread depth in Belgium is 1.6mm. You can bet your bottom dollar that the “Tyre Eye” will be coming your way soon!
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Calendar: Steve McCurry celebrates vibrant Rio de Janiero
- Rezulteo expands to Ireland
- Pirelli 2012 calendar: Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and friends...
- Continental get in the cage
- Bridgestone advertising during the Super Bowl
- Bridgestone signs up with a beaver for the Super Bowl
- Vredestein signs with Lumma Design
- ContiTireRace : the iPhone application test
- Michelin turns it up
- Pirelli 2011 calendar, Karl Lagerfeld at the helm