A vibrating accelerator pedal to consume less
Originally, this pedal was designed to warn the driver of impending danger. But Continental believes it could have another application which would open the way for standard installation in vehicles.
Copyright © :The German equipment manufacturer intends to make this pedal a tool for limiting fuel consumption. It would emit a vibration whenever pressure on the pedal would lead to too high consumption. This would undoubtedly be more effective that the small light indicators when changing gear that exist on many models. Sales are planned to commence by 2012.
Articles in the same header
- Pirelli Calendar: Steve McCurry celebrates vibrant Rio de Janiero
- Rezulteo expands to Ireland
- Pirelli 2012 calendar: Kate Moss, Milla Jovovich and friends...
- Continental get in the cage
- Bridgestone advertising during the Super Bowl
- Bridgestone signs up with a beaver for the Super Bowl
- Vredestein signs with Lumma Design
- ContiTireRace : the iPhone application test
- Michelin turns it up
- Pirelli 2011 calendar, Karl Lagerfeld at the helm