Ziex ZE-914 Ecorun
Summer tyre for compact cars and MPV’s, the Falken Ziex ZE914 Ecorun offers sportiness, comfort and economy all in the same tyre.
Sporty. Good road holding on dry surfaces. Stiff shoulder blocks enhance directional and cornering stability.
Comfort. Low noise levels. The tyre’s ability to absorb road imperfections improves driving comfort.
Economy. The high polymer silica compound effectively reduces heat generation which lowers the tyre’s rolling resistance. Higher mileage performance. Wear indicators let drivers know when to rotate their tyres.
More information on E.U labelling
Falken Ziex ZE-914 Ecorun review, test and rating
Falken Ziex ZE-914 Ecorun review, test and rating. rezulteo collects tyre information from sources all over Europe, and offers comprehensive and pertinent information to help you make the best choices when it comes to your tyres. See our methodology for our tyre rating system. See the test methodology for tyres
Falken Ziex ZE-914 Ecorun performances
They have tested Falken Ziex ZE-914 Ecorun
|AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT||2013||6|
Methodology for performance measurements
Sources refer to a market player who carries out independent tyre comparison tests, based on a stable methodology and broad performance criteria, to provide objective results for a range of similar tyres according to the type of use.
Only the sources that respect the criteria are included in the base. These criteria are also applied for every test source.
The sources used to establish the performances for a tyre are:
- Data from published tests from specialized media.
- Data from Regulation (EC) 1222/2009 "on the labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency and other essential parameters". Or the most widely observed label values (MOBS) in the absence of official values*.
- Data published by independent test institutes.
Detailed list of the sources (not including Regulation (EC) 1222/2009) used to rate each product accompanies the display.
The structure of the ratings
The final rating is divided into 9 elementary performances, and an additional 4 elementary performances for winter tyres.
The elementary performances are grouped into 5 performance categories; 3 for summer tyres, and 2 for winter tyres.
Every elementary performance is integrated into its group with a different weighting according to its importance.
The performance groups and the elementary performances are as follows:
|General performances||Winter performances|
The methodology for the calculation
Every elementary performance is rated accordingly to the following princip:
- A score of 10 is given to a tyre which achieves the best result for a given test.
- The score given to other tyres decreases in proportion to the standard deviation of the selected discriminating factor.
- All results that are 9 times higher than this standard deviation obtain the score of 1.
If the source uses his own rating (when it is not on a base of 10), a linear transcoding is performed
The final score for the basic performance is the arithmetic average of the scores obtained for each test.
Note: Tests conducted by car magazines or specialised bodies generally cover the most common tyre dimensions available on the market. Even if performances vary slightly depending on dimensions, we have chosen to apply the rating to all dimensions for a tyre model.
The star rating system
The stars gives a graphic overview of the value for a performance group. They are given according to the following scale:
*MOBS: Data taken from publicly available labelling data, from Internet sites. Click here for more information
Where can I buy my tyres?
|Huge range of tyres online including car tyres, van tyres and 4x4 tyres||See offer|
- Sports tyres: our selection for 2014/2015 Read more
- A08B: Yohohama reinforces its new generation of ultra high performance tyres Read more
- A special Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 600 for the Nissan GT-R Nismo Read more