Use your phone to check your tyre pressure!
Drivers do not like checking their tyre pressure. This dirty and restrictive job is nevertheless essential to enable the tyre to operate in optimal conditions, and as a result preserve a maximum level of safety.
On the same topic
Faced with this fact, the manufacturer Continental has designed a system enabling your tyres to communicate with your mobile phone.
Technically, the tyres would be fitted with sensors which would indicate their pressure on a telephone screen. This data would be displayed on a user-friendly interface.
During inflation, the screen would provide a pressure gauge function, used for accurate adjustment, with a warning system when the tyre reaches the required pressure.
This highly interesting concept probably won’t be available until 2013.
Articles in the same header
- Bridgestone is working on the second generation of its airless tyre
- Will Michelin tyres soon be cereal based?
- Continental wants to produce dandelion rubber for future tyres
- Hankook i-Flex: An airless future
- Going on holiday? Tyres can help you save fuel
- Michelin tyres specifically designed for the Citroën Hybrid Air
- Bridgestone invents the “intelligent” tyre
- Frankfurt Motor Show: Tyre manufacturers are also preparing tomorrow’s car
- Active Wheels and the fuel cell
- Michelin 3S Concept puncture-proof tyre