Tyre pressure monitoring system anticipated for the cars of 2012
The European commission is campaigning towards improved vehicle safety and protecting the environment. Tyre pressure monitoring systems will become mandatory in all models of cars by 2012.
On the same topic
With this new legislation, the commission aims to promote environmental protection and above all to decrease the number of accidents caused by wrong tyre pressure. According to a study by the ASF (Autoroute de Sud de la France), 43% of vehicles in France are being driven with badly inflated tyres.
Articles in the same header
- Bridgestone is working on the second generation of its airless tyre
- Will Michelin tyres soon be cereal based?
- Continental wants to produce dandelion rubber for future tyres
- Hankook i-Flex: An airless future
- Going on holiday? Tyres can help you save fuel
- Michelin tyres specifically designed for the Citroën Hybrid Air
- Bridgestone invents the “intelligent” tyre
- Frankfurt Motor Show: Tyre manufacturers are also preparing tomorrow’s car
- Active Wheels and the fuel cell
- Michelin 3S Concept puncture-proof tyre