Initially, all production leaving the Dębica factory was to supply the army.
Key historical dates:
Spring 1937 – Start of construction of the Dębica factory. The newborn company was a subsidiary of the first Polish tyre maker "Stomil" in Poznań.
The technical project was developed by specialists from the General Tyre and Rubber Company in collaboration with 3 Polish engineers.
30 March 1939 – Manufacture of the first Dębica tyre.
4 April 1939 – Official inauguration of the factory.
1949 – Nationalisation of the factory.
1961-69 – Modernisation of the machinery, increase in production and construction of a production facility for bicycle tyres. Preparation of the bases for the future research and development department.
June 1976 – Manufacture of the first radial tyre with the D-124 pattern originally fitted to 2 Fiat models: 125p and 126p (Polish version of the Fiats of the same name). This tyre was also sold on the export market.
Start of mass production of radial tyres.
1980's: Construction of the production facility for heavy-duty and agricultural tyres.
1991-1995 – Privatisation process of the factory completed by acquisition of shares in the company by the Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Company.
1993 – Wanting to launch its own brand, Dębica abandons the "Stomil" name and adopts its current one: T.C. Dębica S.A.
Currently, the Dębica factory is the largest Goodyear production facility in Europe. Tyres for private cars and commercial vehicles for the brands Dębica, Goodyear, Dunlop, Fulda, Sava and heavy-duty and agricultural tyres are made there.
In 2009, the company made 1423 m PLN in sales (approx. €363 M) of which 73.8% from export sales and 26.6% sales on the Polish market.
Content is provided for informational purposes. It is nonexhaustive and noncontractual. To find out more click here.