Egypt to build the Middle East’s largest car tyre factory
Egypt is planning to build the largest car tyre factory in the Middle East for an investment amounting to 109 million dollars.
“National tyre imports are facing huge problems due to the entrance of Chinese producers on African markets, at very low prices”, states Taher Salama, managing director of the state Transports and Engineering Company (Trenco). The new factory will produce 1.5 million tyres per year. It will take two years to construct the plant in El-Amerya, west of Alexandria. Egyptian, Arab and foreign investors will fund the factory. Trenco currently exports to Saudi Arabia and Gulf states, and is intends to extend deliveries to Sudan.
Articles in the same header
- Record levels in rubber prices: tyre prices will be on the increase!
- Michelin increases its capital to 1.2 billion Euros
- Popgom in full health
- A new MD for Goodyear
- Goodyear plays the Runflat card
- Michelin takes a stake in TaquiPneu
- Avon for life, but subject to conditions …
- Tyre makers and dealers at an impasse
- Bridgestone : " We have to concentrate on radialisation as much as possible. "
- Glossy, sensual, universal